Gum disease leads to tooth damage. If a tooth is damaged beyond repair, it should be repaired. Our dentists in Thornhill use state of the art equipment to extract the teeth smoothly. Before removing your tooth, a local anesthetic is given to numb the damaged tooth area. If you need to remove several teeth, then a general anesthetic is used. You may need stitches after the extraction f the teeth. A cotton pad is placed over the extracted tooth area to stop the bleeding.
Usually, recovery period only last for few days. Here are some of the tips that will help speedy recovery:
· Painkillers prescribed by your dentist or oral surgeon should be taken regularly.
· Apply ice or cold pack for 10 to 20 minutes to the outside of your mouth. This will relieve any pain or swelling.
· After 24 hours, the mouth should be rinsed regularly with warm salt water. Rinse smoothly so that it doesn’t loosen the blood clot.
· Avoid doing physical activities as it can increase the bleeding.
· Avoid smoking.
· Eat soft or liquid food for few days, like soup, milk, and pudding.
· Do not sleep flat as it can lead to more bleeding.
· Don’t rub your tongue in the wounded area.
· You may need stitches after the teeth are removed. Some stitches dissolve over time, and some are removed by the dentist.
Removing a tooth is important when decayed tooth is so severe that no other treatment will cure the infection. Removing the tooth helps to keep the infection away from other mouth areas.
So what are you waiting for? Our dentists in Thornhill are always there for your help us. Visit us now to know more!